Thursday, September 15, 2011

Herbert H Lehman High School.... 4 years latter....

      When I was choosing high schools I was looking for a school that was far from home but good. While searching I found Herbert H Lehman High School. My main reason for choosing Lehman was because I wanted to go to a school that had lots to do in the day and some place that I knew people at. What I did not expect was to have almost everyone I was cool with at Lehman , I was told that everyone from my middle school choose Lehman.


      My first impression about going to high school was scary. I knew I would miss my former classmates and I was not sure what to think. When I got the letter in the mail that said I got accepted into high school I  jumped for joy and I  was excited. I remember thinking about what to wear and how to get there and all that good stuff. it was something I also looked forward to seeing how we were allowed to leave for lunch.


     Freshman year was fun and it was filled with stories of fun. I remember walking into Lehman and not knowing where to go but luckily I knew about Lehman way before I got to Lehman. I remember meeting Mr  Leader for the first time, he was a cool principal but not everyone agreed. I remember walking into my first class and seeing some of my middle school classmates and thinking yo this is going to  be easy. I remember my science class and all the classes I had. I remember everyone being friendly and polite but one think I thought was stupid was the SSA's tried to run things and she could not. She was yelling at us on our first day and she even asked for police to come and take us like really ? but i enjoyed freshman year.


     Senior year was one of the best years I ever had in high school. I  remember how much it cost me to have fun but I  loved it. I believe I paid about $2,000.00 in dues but it was worth it. We had our picture day which was one heak of a headache because of all the long lines. We then had the senior trip which was pretty friken crazy lol, we went to Pine Growth Ranch upstate New York for one night and day and alot of things happened that day. The next thing that occurred was the prom. Oh my god one of the best nights of my life. I went with about 11 other people in a Chrysler 300 limo. We met up at two locations, the limo was ours from 4pm in the afternoon until 1am in the morning. First we went to prom which was in Queens then we went to the after party  which sucked and was a waste of money. We then took the big class photo that week and it was a big photo at that, we filled up the gym and the principal got boooooed. lastly but not least was graduation and yearbooks some of the best moments were made during that time also.

       I have learned alot because of high school. I think I  found myself when I was in Lehman because before Lehman I was just this average childish person but like anyone else I grew up. I had some very hard times and some very fun and easy times to. There were times when I did not think I was going to make it, I almost gave up towards the end of junior year but then I remembered and reminded myself that I would be the first one in my family to make it. I have gotten  alot and I think it was because of me that things that went well occurred. I am a motivation to myself.

GRADUATION PHOTOS
Mr. Greenburg and i had him for Real Life Math and his class is one of the reasons i made it out of Lehman on time considering i was 6 math credits behind.

Mr. Demichele had him for geometry and failed everyone of his tests

Helen and i , one of my besties turned daughter some of the best experiences i had were with her and Jey Rios.(my grandmother in the back)

 Helen, Jey , Freddy and I part of the core besties that i have just like a big happy family lol

Me , Fred , and Brian after our graduation two of the coolest dudes you'll ever meet. Ive know Fred since the 3rd grade and still to this day we chill and hes the only African American in the purple squad.

Ms. Smith one of the strictest deans you'll ever meet but as a teacher she is extreamly cool. I got my second 100% on my report card for US History in her class.

Omar aka Boothe, funny tall dude. This person could cheer up a room full of assholes with no problemo.

Cordell and I after graduation goofing around because there was nothing else to do. 

Ms. Quiry ... I had her for earth science , shes mad strict to but when it comes to work she makes sure we earn what we put into it. She is a very funny teacher who tough me to take my time while doing my homework instead of rushing through it.


Coline one of the most funniest and coolest persons I know also a model 

MY MOTHER AND I . I love her to death....

My Sister and I 

Amy another one of my high school buddy's shes mad cool and kind I remember sophomore year we would chill and i got sick with asthma and she was like are you OK and at the time I didn't have any meds so it was like I was killing myself with the cough and its also where I  got the nickname "swine-boy".

MY GRANDMOTHER AND I ... OHHH BOY 

MY NIECE AND I 

so like my grandmother took my gown from graduation and put it on I was like ummm ok like how old were you when you graduated ?? rotfl...


Ravin , another cool person and bestie. 

Rebecca another one of my umpalupa besties lol 

PROM TIME OF OUR LIFE'S.

Juana , the creator of purple squad.shes my go to person , bestie and shes mad cool , everyday after school we would walk to her house and then I would leave to my house. We had mad fun and we still chill. this was on prom night all the boys met up at her house , though I was the first everyone else was late. She was also the one who encouraged me to go to prom.

All the dudes 

  Me in front of the limo it was a Chrysler 300

Chrysler 300 limo with Maria the driver on the left


 This was when we went to pick up the girls and we were trying to get a picture of us all.

Some of the guys and girls inside the limo.

So we got to prom a little to early so we stopped at a park and took pictures bit nice group of  Latinos.

Alex the piolet and most annoying person.


All of us at prom 

Alexis what can I say, shes mad cool , awesome and on of the first girls I got to know at Lehman. When I first met her it was in science class. Originally I asked her out but it was more like we were meant to be friends.she also is a model and cool.

Ms.Cutron and  I at prom. shes a very cool and hot headed Italian teacher. One of the best english teachers I knew and I  always... always.... fell asleep in her class.
check out the Lehman Graduates Facebook  page

Everyone has a story to tell about their experience with high school , I guess it all depends on what you did. some of the best advice I got was worry about your grades and you'll make it. I graduated with a regents diploma and 48 credits more then I needed. 

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT LEHMAN HIGH SCHOOL CHECK OUT
TO SEE WHAT THE STUDENTS ARE DOING CHECK OUT THE LEHMAN ONLINE NEWSPAPER

No comments:

Post a Comment