Friday, November 30, 2012

My Strengths and Resilience.......

None of this comes easy, writing this never is easy, understanding this is never easy, even in the most emotional and successful times this is difficult but we all have a story to tell and if its not told no one is listening.....Here we go ! 

                      Alot of people have told me growing up you are going to be something, I was nicked named the "Abogado" aka Lawyer in Spanish  nicked named the giant, and even 3000 for the infamous Andre 3,000. Truth be told growing up was never easy and it still to this day isn't easy living with some of the things I live with, do I experience depression ? No not at all, do I experience stress ? Sometimes but one thing I do not experience is Pressure or failure none of those two are in my vocabulary or dictionary  I remember growing up always being the outcast, the kid no one liked, the one everyone wanted to jump, I said a word and it would be taken out of context. But one day that all ended, I opened my eyes, saw where I was going and saw where I wanted to be so here we go....
                     My strength and resilience come from the many experiences I have had with people and the work in the community I live in. I have had a lot of resilience because I have seen people struggle and I understand struggle because of my family. Things growing up were not easy, I had to learn that the ward way early on. Everything from drama and illnesses in my family to physical reactions and interactions (Fights and arguments nothing sexual or crazy like that). I think some of my strengths come from working with people who have been through some of the struggles I have been through. I see people who have everything but are not happy and people who have nothing and who are happy. When you see other people struggle it reminds you of what you are thankful for. 
                      My resilience comes from getting used to what I already have been through. Some examples of struggles that built my resilience have been experiencing homelessness, foster care, the affect of my mothers many illnesses, being told in middle school that if I did not seek something positive I would not be successful and one of the biggest struggles that has made me who I am was finding a way to fit in at times when I could not. I think to have resilience in my time means success. Many people fall to drugs and crimes and gangs but I found my solution in helping others in their problems and issues. I try to support everyone who wants to make a change because those are the ones who have will and power and use it because we all have it but you have to want to see something new in yourself to be happy and loved with in yourself. 
                Finally we all go through struggle but do not let that stop you from being happy always remember there are options but they only work if you choose to use them. I have chosen to help the community and will continue to do so in the future, I want to lead my community, city, state and country in whatever ways that I can. 



No comments:

Post a Comment