Monday, November 5, 2012

What I Carry ?

      Everyone has something they carry that has some type of sentiment. Some people carry the sentiment in their pocket or on their body but others carry their sentiment in their bag.

      In my book bag I carry a lot of different things. I carry my books for school, folders for organization and other non essentials. My books are needed for learning and my folders serve for organization purposes. I carry my keys which unlock my house, my sisters house, my work equipment, and of course my bike which is my transportation. I also carry my whistle for biking and pens and pencils for school work. I  carry my community patrol badge and id so that if someone is in trouble I can help them safely without interfering with the professionals. I also carry a reflective jacket and tape for when I am biking in addition to my rain gear at times. A lot of what I carry in my bag has to do with school but can be metaphoric for my life story and success, everything  I carry is carried on my shoulders. 

       I carry determination because I am not willing to kneel down to failure, it is not even in my vocabulary. I carry success because I am the first to graduate and stay in school out of everyone in my family. I carry understanding and empathy to the struggle of being poor and working class. I carry appreciation for everyone and everything I have because I have had nothing and everything and I have seen people who have it all and are not happy and those who have nothing but enjoy it . I also carry my experiences negative and positive. I grew up in a mental Chaos but I would not deny it. I have seen and been thru bad and I have been part of change and everyday is an opportunity for learning. 

       In closing i carry a lot physically and emotionally but you wouldn't not know unless you asked or been apart of it. everything I experience has a story or a reason and I enjoy and learn from what I do. 


2 comments:

  1. nice, Andre. i love, "I carry determination because I am not willing to kneel down to failure... I carry appreciation for everyone and everything I have because I have had nothing and everything and I have seen people who have it all and are not happy and those who have nothing but enjoy it ...I grew up in a mental Chaos but I would not deny it." good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, look forward to more, Subscribe !

    ReplyDelete